“If I can’t picture it, I can’t understand it” – Albert Einstein
VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, under the aegis of MEDSICON 2018, is pleased to invite all medical students to the Clinical Photo Assay Competition. Present rare and unique clinical conditions, innovative therapies, and novel ways of management or even cases that are emotionally gripping through photographs taken by you in the wards, OPD and OT’s of your own institution.
Guidelines for online abstract submission
All participants are required to submit a short abstract (within 150 words) of their work to help our team short list the participants. Abstract can include multiple pictures of the same case and a short description of your case.
- The ideal Clinical Photo provides visual information that will be useful to other clinicians.
- Clinical Pictures should be interesting, educational, and respectful of the patient.
- Use no more than 150 words, with no references. The text should include a brief patient history and MUST put the image in context, explaining what the image shows and why it is of interest to the general reader.
- Format: .pdf extension files with 5 as the maximum number of photos besides the descriptive text.
Sample abstract for Clinical Photo Assay : Clinical Photo Assay Sample
After assessment of all the abstracts, our panel consisting of eminent clinicians will select participants who will be allowed to present their clinical picture in front of our Jury.
Rules for the final Presentation–
- Format: The participants will use .ppt/.pdf files to present their Photos.
- Content: Besides the pictures, no other text except suitable titles and labels should be used in presentation as the whole idea behind this competition is to orally present clinical cases using illustrations.
- Time limit: 3 Minutes.
- Please note, it is an individual event and only the presenter willing be accredited for his/her effort.
- Plagiarism will be strongly frowned upon and if found, shall lead to immediate disqualification…
- Decisions of the jury and organising committee are final
- Organizing committee reserves the right to amend the above guidelines
Deadline for Abstract Submission is April 20,2018.
For further details:
Rishab Pamecha – 9540854575
Ishaan Siwach – 9971569062
or email us : firstname.lastname@example.org