“We know from our clinical experience in the practice of medicine that in diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment, the individual, his background of heredity are just as important, if not more so, as the disease itself”
VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital is pleased to invite all medical students to the MEDSICON 2018 Clinical Case Presentation Competition. Send us cases seen and studied by you in the premises of your own institution during ward rounds or OPD postings which demonstrate either rare conditions, unique patients, ingenious treatments or are emotionally stirring.
Guidelines for online abstract submission
All participants are required to submit an abstract of their work to help our team short list the participants. The abstract should include a short description of the case and outline why this particular case is of interest to the general reader.
- Word limit- 300 words with no references.
- The text should include a descriptive patient history, and can be supported by pictures.
- Format: .pdf extension
Sample abstract: sample case presentation
After assessment of all the abstracts, our panel consisting of eminent clinicians will select participants who will be allowed to present their clinical case in front of our Jury.
Rules for the final Presentation
- Format: The participants will use .ppt/.pdf files to present their case.
- Content: The case description should be sequenced in individual headings like history, physical examinations, diagnosis, treatment and course, followed by discussion.
- Time limit: 5 Minutes.
- Only one participant will be allowed to present in front of the jury and will be accredited for his/her effort.
- Plagiarism will be strongly frowned upon. Any case of it will be suspended immediately.
- Decisions of the jury and organising committee are final
- Organizing committee reserves the right to amend the above guidelines
Deadline for Abstract Submission is 10th April, 2018 @ 1200 hrs IST
For further details:
Aashi Sarvesh -9871140880
Ishaan Siwach – 9971569062
or email us : email@example.com